FANDOM


Skills in PornariumEdit

Skills in Pornarium are divided into two categories: Skills and Sex Skills. Skills are used for primarily non-sexual things though they occasionally may have a use in a sexual situation. Sex Skills are used for things primarily sex-related. Tacoking has stated that there will be no more than 20 skills and no more than 20 sex skills to keep things less convoluted. Currently there are 18 skills and 12 sex skills. The possibility for new skills does exist, though it's not a guarantee that they will be added.

Skill Checks in PornariumEdit

Whenever a player uses a skill, a difficulty is assigned to that skill. These difficulties start out as positive numbers but quickly decrease. They will eventually reach negative numbers as the player travels outside of the game's starting city, Pornicle. In order to succeed a skill check, a random number between 1 and 100 is generated. If a player's roll is under or equal the skill's difficulty rating, they will succeed a skill check.

Skill difficulties are modified by a player's skill level (as seen on the skill page). Every point in a skill modifies a skill's difficulty by an amount equal to the player's skill level. For example:


A skill has a difficulty rating of 40. If a player has 0 skill, that means they have a 40% chance to succeed this skill check. However, let's say the player has a skill level of 20 in that skill. The new difficulty rating will be 60. (40 + 20 = 60). Now the player must roll a 60 or less to succeed, giving them a 60% success chance.


How to Raise Skill LevelsEdit

Pornarium does not feature any levels. Instead, attributes and skills are raised or lowered through their usage. The % chance a skill up will occur is rather tricky. The simple answer is basically the further you are from the skill maximum for an area, the more likely you are to get a skill up (to a maximum of 66 %). The formula is rather tricky for how they are increased but it works as follows:


Every game area has a maximum level a skill or attribute can be raised. For this example, the maximum of 20 will be used.

When a skill up is triggered by an event (usually through skill use, though not always) the skill's "gapmod" is calcualted. This "gapmod" is always equal to 66 - the chance to increase the skill divided by the maximum a skill can be raised unless a skill's chance of being improved is over 66% (for most events, the chance to increase a skill is 33 - 50%). This gapmod is then multiplied by the difference between the player's current skill level and the maximum skill level that can be attained through the event and then added to the chance the player has to get a skillup. What exactly does all this actually mean though? Here is an example (again assuming the maximum for a skill to be raised is 20).


  • A player has 1 skill and an event has a 50% chance to raise the skill by 1 point. The gapmod is equal to (66 - 50) / 20 or 0.8. The difference between the cap and the player's skill is 19. The difference is multiplied by the gapmod (19 x 0.8) to get a skillup bonus of 15.2. The player instead has a 65.2% chance to get a skill increase.
  • A player has 10 skill and an event has a 50% chance to raise the skill by 1 point. The gapmod is equal to (66 - 50) / 20 or 0.8. The difference between the cap and the player's skill is 10. The difference is multiplied by the gapmod (10 x 0.8) to get a skillup bonus of 8. The player instead has a 58% chance to get a skill increase.
  • A player has 19 skill and an event has a 50% chance to raise the skill by 1 point. The gapmod is equal to (66 - 50) / 20 or 0.8. The difference between the cap and the player's skill is 1. The difference is multiplied by the gapmod (1 x 0.8) to get a skillup bonus of 0.8. The player instead has a 50.8% chance to get a skill increase.
  • A player has 1 skill and an event has a 33% chance to raise the skill by 1 point. The gapmod is equal to (66 - 33) / 20 or 1.65. The difference between the cap and the player's skill is 19. The difference is multiplied by the gapmod (19 x 1.65) to get a skillup bonus of 31.35. The player instead has a 64.35% chance to get a skill increase.
  • A player has 10 skill and an event has a 33% chance to raise the skill by 1 point. The gapmod is equal to (66 - 33) / 20 or 1.65. The difference between the cap and the player's skill is 10. The difference is multiplied by the gapmod (10 x 1.65) to get a skillup bonus of 16.5. The player instead has a 49.5% chance to get a skill increase.
  • A player has 19 skill and an event has a 33% chance to raise the skill by 1 point. The gapmod is equal to (66 - 33) / 20 or 1.65. The difference between the cap and the player's skill is 1. The difference is multiplied by the gapmod (1 x 1.65) to get a skillup bonus of 1.65. The player instead has a 34.65% chance to get a skill increase.


What this basically boils down to is this: The further a player's skill level is from the cap, any event that causes the skill to be increased will push the player toward a 66% chance to get a skill up from that event. This is to make it easier for players to get a skillup if they are grossly "underleveled" for a new area. Here are a few more examples with a new maximum of 75 with the same skill levels 1, 10, and 19 above (as well as two additional examples):

  • A player has 1 skill and an event has a 33% chance to raise the skill by 1 point. The gapmod is equal to (66 - 33) / 75 or 0.44. The difference between the cap and the player's skill is 74. The difference is multiplied by the gapmod (74 x 0.44) to get a skillup bonus of 32.56. The player instead has a 65.56% chance to get a skill increase.
  • A player has 10 skill and an event has a 33% chance to raise the skill by 1 point. The gapmod is equal to (66 - 33) / 75 or 0.44. The difference between the cap and the player's skill is 65. The difference is multiplied by the gapmod (65 x 0.44) to get a skillup bonus of 28.6. The player instead has a 61.6% chance to get a skill increase.
  • A player has 19 skill and an event has a 33% chance to raise the skill by 1 point. The gapmod is equal to (66 - 33) / 75 or 0.44. The difference between the cap and the player's skill is 56. The difference is multiplied by the gapmod (56 x 0.44) to get a skillup bonus of 24.64. The player instead has a 57.64% chance to get a skill increase.
  • A player has 74 skill and an event has a 33% chance to raise the skill by 1 point. The gapmod is equal to (66 - 33) / 75 or 0.44. The difference between the cap and the player's skill is 1. The difference is multiplied by the gapmod (1 x 0.44) to get a skillup bonus of 0.44. The player instead has a 33.44% chance to get a skill increase.
  • A player has 1 skill and an event has a 50% chance to raise the skill by 1 point. The gapmod is equal to (66 - 50) / 75 or 0.213. The difference between the cap and the player's skill is 74. The difference is multiplied by the gapmod (74 x 0.213) to get a skillup bonus of 15.76. The player instead has a 65.76% chance to get a skill increase.


Attributes also can raise a skill's level. A skill can be based on up to two attributes which are listed on the skill's page. Attributes have an effect on skills based on a much simpler formula:

  • For skills that have only one attribute: The attribute level / 4 = the skill bonus. (e.g. 80 Attribute points = a +20 skill bonus)
  • For skills that have two attributes: Each attribute added together / 8 = the skill bonus. (e.g. 80 Attribute 1 + 40 attriubute 2 is equal to 120. 120 / 8 = +15 to a skill. Alternatively, if both were equal to 80 then the player would get +20 to a skill).

List of Current Known SkillsEdit

Basic SkillsEdit

  • Skill Name: {Attribute Bonuses} {Attribute Penalties}
  • Athletics: { Agility, Strength }
  • Alchemy: { Intelligence }
  • Charisma: { Appearance } { Lust }
  • Cooking: { Intelligence }
  • Dodge: { Agility }
  • Etiquette: { Appearance, Intelligence } { Lust }
  • First Aid: { Intelligence }
  • Gathering: { Intelligence }
  • Knowledge: { Intelligence }
  • Lucid Dreaming: { Intelligence }
  • Magic: { Intelligence }
  • Melee Combat: { Strength }
  • Perception: { Intelligence }
  • Performance: { Appearance, Stamina }
  • Ranged Combat: { Agility }
  • Subterfuge: { Agility }
  • Survival: { Strength, Stamina }
  • Tinkering: { Agility, Intelligence }

Sex SkillsEdit

  • Skill Name: {Attribute Bonuses} {Attribute Penalties}
  • Anal Sex: { Strength, Stamina }
  • Bondage: { Stamina }
  • Fucking: { Strength, Stamina }
  • Kama Sutra: { Agility, Stamina }
  • Kegels: { Stamina }
  • Kissing: { Intelligence }
  • Masturbation: { Stamina }
  • Oral Sex: { Lust }
  • Orgasm Denial: { Intelligence }
  • Orgies: { Strength, Stamina }
  • Sex Toys: { Intelligence }
  • Seduction: { Appearance, Intelligence }

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.